If you are looking for adult orthodontic treatment in downtown DC you are probably leaning toward getting Invisalign instead of braces. Our dental office in downtown DC offers Invisalign for adults and teens and will be able to help you get straighter teeth. The first step towards getting Invisalign is to find out if you are a candidate. Clear aligners such as Invisalign are used in many instances to treat gaps in teeth and misalignment, but some instances may require braces.
If an Invisalign dentist determines that you are a candidate for Invisalign clear aligner therapy, it’s up to you to make the final call as to if you should go with braces or Invisalign. Most adults opt for clear aligners like Invisalign for multiple reasons, as you will soon see why.
If you do decide to go with clear aligners, you should also look for a trusted Invisalign provider in downtown DC that’s been performing aligner therapy for several years. The dentists at Dental Town DC have been treating misaligned teeth with Invisalign for years and are well rated online.
The obvious advantage of Invisalign over traditional braces is that clear aligners virtually invisible, while braces are painfully visible. The visual aspect of it is the main reason why adults who work in client-facing roles or politics choose clear aligners as their orthodontic treatment.
The visual element of Invisalign is far from the only reason why people choose it to straighten their teeth, however. Here are some additional reasons people choose Invisalign over braces:
- Less maintenance: People who get braces need to visit an orthodontist regularly for adjustments. On top of this, the orthodontist is often in a different dental office as the dentist; imagine having a dentist in downtown DC but having to go to Chevy Chase to an orthodontist the dentist referred you to. Invisalign, on the hand, is often done in the same dental office as your other dental care and doesn’t require many trips for maintenance.
- Less impact on speech: Braces are often an impediment to speech, while Invisalign is like a thin layer on your teeth which can be less impactful on how you talk.
- Ease of hygiene: Braces make dental hygiene at home and at the dental office more challenging, since there are brackets and wires getting in the way. Clear aligner patients on the other hand, can remove their aligners whenever they need to brush or go to the dentist for a dental cleaning.
- Eat what you want: There are certain foods that cannot be eaten easily with braces due to risk of getting stuck in them or damaging them. There are no such restrictions with Invisalign since the aligners are removed before eating and drinking.
- Less demineralization: Orthodontics treatment is often associated with enamel demineralization, which can lead to cavities. A study has found that people with braces had more demineralization than people with clear aligners.
If you are convinced Invisalign is the way to go and looking for an Invisalign provider in downtown DC, we would love to help! Call to schedule an Invisalign consultation with one of the dentists at Dental Town DC today.