We at Dental Town DC understand the importance of having straight, healthy teeth.
That is why we offer Invisalign® treatment to get that perfect-looking smile without the hassle of using braces.
We know that you will be more confident when you flash that great smile so let’s start moving toward that goal right now!
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a revolutionary teeth straightening system that uses clear plastic aligners that look similar to mouth guards or retainers.
We custom-make each aligner for every patient so they fit snugly over your teeth while being nearly invisible when you smile or talk.
Benefits of Invisalign
Investing in Invisalign has countless advantages, including the following:
- Clear – The clear material makes it nearly impossible for anyone else to tell that you are wearing aligners.
- Removable – Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign allows you to remove the aligners whenever necessary, such as for brushing or flossing your teeth or eating meals without having food stuck in brackets and wires.
- Comfortable – The smooth plastic material in these aligners eliminates the discomfort often associated with metal brackets and wires against gums and cheeks.
- No dietary restrictions – Since the aligners are removable, there’s no need to avoid certain foods or drinks while wearing them.
- Shorter treatment time compared to traditional braces – Most treatments take only 6-18 months.
- Convenient – With each subsequent set of aligners being designed based on the progress of your treatment, there is no need for regular office visits like traditional braces; just pop in new sets as needed!
How Does Invisalign Work?
Every patient’s treatment experience will vary, but the treatment process of Invisalign usually looks like this:
- During your initial evaluation, the dentist will discuss your goals for your smile and the benefits of Invisalign and take impressions and photographs.
- Based on that exam, we’ll form a diagnosis of your orthodontic situation and discuss it with you.
- Next, we’ll use Invisalign’s advanced software to create a treatment plan, digitally moving the teeth in your bite model into new alignment for a healthy, beautiful smile.
- Lastly, you receive your aligners and you will need to wear each set of aligners for about two weeks for 20-22 hours per day, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
Every two weeks, we will switch out your current set of aligners for the next in the series until your treatment is complete and your desired results have been achieved.
Straighten Your Teeth with Invisalign at Dental Town DC
With just 12 months’ treatment time, you can enjoy perfectly aligned teeth without all the hassle of traditional metal braces.
Contact us now at our Washington, DC dental office, and let us help you get started on achieving straighter teeth today!