Cosmetic Dentistry: Porcelain Dental Veneers
If you’re self-conscious about your appearance because of aesthetic issues with your smile, porcelain veneers could be the answer you’ve been looking for.
Dental veneers are an easy way to completely transform your smile as they seamlessly cover any flaws you may be experiencing such as chipped teeth, discoloration, or misalignment.
You’ll love the results, especially the self-esteem boost!
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin, custom-made shells of porcelain that are permanently applied to your teeth to create a new shape or to cover any discoloration or damage.
Crafted using expert precision and artistry, we design the veneers in our Dental Town DC office and will tailor them to your unique needs and desires. Using this approach, you will get a natural-looking, beautiful smile you can show off to the world.
Why Choose Dental Veneers?
Porcelain veneers offer numerous advantages over other types of veneers on the market and are a great option if you’re looking to:
- Brighten your smile or eliminate stains: If your natural teeth are discolored or stained our veneers can give you that fantastic grin that you’ve always dreamed of. Additionally, the porcelain veneer is more stain resistant than natural teeth, so you can have that morning coffee or glass of Pinot red wine with dinner.
- Improve the uniformity of your teeth: Because porcelain veneers cover the entire tooth, they will help create a uniform appearance if you have uneven teeth or they have an irregular shape. This gives you a symmetrical smile you can be proud to show off.
- Close spaces between your teeth: If you have gaps or spaces between your teeth, porcelain veneers help to close them and provide a more even and aligned appearance.
- Hide imperfections, like chips and misalignment: Whether you have a chipped tooth, broken teeth, or slightly misaligned teeth, veneers can effectively conceal these imperfections. And in contrast to other types of composite veneers, porcelain has an almost-translucent appearance that mimics the qualities of natural teeth so you never have to worry about having an unnatural-looking smile.
The Dental Veneer Procedure
That perfect smile is closer than you think, and you can have a new smile in just a few visits.
Here’s how our cosmetic procedure works:
- Consultation and Planning: During your initial DC office visit, a cosmetic dentist will take impressions of your teeth and prepare them for veneer placement. Since we believe that your smile should reflect your unique personality and style, we’ll also discuss your goals and preferences with you to ensure we understand your vision.
- Tooth preparation: If you agree to the treatment plan, you will then come in for a dental appointment to prepare the teeth, get an impression, and have temporary dental veneers placed. First, the dentist will prepare the teeth by shaving around half a millimeter or less of enamel from the tooth. Next the dentist will take an impression of the mouth in its prepared state. Lastly, the dentist will place temporary dental veneers to cover the prepped teeth.
- Custom Veneer Creation: To create your custom veneers, our talented ceramicist will handcraft them based on your dental impressions and the specifications our cosmetic dentists provide. The result? You’ll get a set of dental veneers that will perfectly fit your teeth and completely transform your smile. Say Cheese!
- Veneer Placement: Once your set of dental veneers is ready, you will come in for your final appointment to have the porcelain dental veneers placed.
And that’s it! With just a few trips to our office, you can completely revamp your smile and boost your confidence.
Schedule a Smile Makeover Consultation Today
If you’re ready to learn more about porcelain dental veneers or want to schedule a cosmetic dentistry consultation, we’re here to help.
Contact Dental Town DC today, and one of our highly trained team members will be happy to assist you on your journey to a new, radiant smile.