Have you lost one or more teeth due to gum disease, tooth decay, or injury? Partial dentures can replace missing teeth and help you regain a confident, radiant smile. If you have lost teeth for any reason, then come to Dental Town DC to learn more about partial dentures. We’ve helped hundreds of local residents bring their smiles back to life through partial denture procedures.
Partial Dentures in Washington, DC
At Dental Town DC, we know that missing teeth can compromise your confidence. Some people find it embarrassing to smile in pictures, while others have difficulty chewing during meals. Missing teeth can also affect your ability to speak clearly, which is understandably stressful. If you’re struggling to maintain your lifestyle due to missing teeth, then you should consider partial dentures. Partial dentures are made with a metal framework that is fused to an acrylic base that seamlessly matches the color and texture of the gums, making them an excellent alternative to dental bridges.
How Long Will It Take to Get Used to My Partial Dentures?
If you’re thinking about using partial dentures, then one of your first questions will concern how long it will take to become acclimated to them. While they may feel awkward or uncomfortable for the first few days and weeks that they are in your mouth, you will become used to them with time. Some patients experience increased salivation or feel that their mouths are constantly full — both of these symptoms are completely normal and will subside with time. Pain and serious discomfort should immediately be brought to your dentist’s attention.
How Long Do Partial Dentures Last?
Your mouth will naturally change as it ages, and as such, it will be important to update and main your partial dentures. If your partial dentures feel loose, unstable, or just aren’t fitting like they used to, then come to our dental office for an adjustment. Your partial dentures may need to be realigned, remade, or rebased. Here are a few tips that can help you take care of your dentures:
- Place a towel on the floor whenever you’re putting in or taking out your partial dentures. Dentures are sturdy, but dropping them can easily lead to damage.
- Brush your dentures daily and be sure to remove any food and plaque that has built up. Never use hot water, as this can cause them to warp.
- Store your dentures in a glass of water or in a denture cleansing solution to prevent them from drying out.
- Thoroughly brush your mouth before inserting your dentures.
- Contact Dental Town DC immediately if your dentures break or loosen in any way.
Are you interested in learning more about partial dentures in DC? Contact Dental Town DC today!